Last night, with my "bacon-lover-boyfriend", we made some "Bacon Wrapped Scallops" and cooked in the oven some roasted potatoes to go with it. It was fantastic! I will share with you the recipe, so you can be a "cute little chef" or just enjoy the great mix between seafood and bacon. You can't go wrong with that.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 12 large sea scallops, cut in half
- 12 pieces of bacon, cut in half
- cayenne pepper
- olive oil spray
- Cut large scallops in half. Wrap each scallop in half a strip of bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick. (Smaller scallops may be left whole).
- Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Dust lightly with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Place in baking dish and bake at 425°F, turning once for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.